CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My chicken and rice soup is suffering from Clumping Disease.
I added too much rice, which meant i had to compensate by adding more water.
The extra water diluted the flavor, and in the end, it still wasn't enough.
The result?
I'm eating my "soup" with a fork and it tastes overwhelmingly like the color white, which it most definately is.

That was the catastrophe part.

The adventure is: I have made my first loaf of home made bread.
The yeast part scared me. I read the packet and learned they were living!
Consequently, I opened with caution, not knowing what to expect.
Nothing jumped out at me, in case you were wondering.
It was fun kneading the dough, punching out air bubbles, watching it rise.
It's currently in the oven, so I can't actually confirm that this "adventure" shouldn't also be labeled under "catastrophe" as well.
20 minutes will tell.
But I haven't failed so fantastically at dinner in...oh, I don't know - years I'd say.
Imagine that!
Even back in the days when it was Hamburger Helper and Tuna Casserole 4 x a week did I manage to fair better than this.
I'm holding out for the bread.
Time will tell.
It always does.

0 comments: