CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Grow potatoes", he says.

thank you for the suggestion.
give me a moment to...okay, thought about it.
The answer is no for 2 reasons.

1. What's the fun of planting something if you can't watch it grow? It's a dirty little round piece of organic material that grows below ground. Nothing romantic or inspiring about that.

2. Potatos are threatened by the golden nematode (which has been described in one scientific journal as a "scourge"; I think the last time I read that word was when it was used to talk about a particularly violent, murderous, and nasty rat named Cluny.) Further more, potatos are suseptable to contract Potato Virus Y which simply sounds like a dirty form of a potato STD but one that ends in foliar necrosis. I've never seen foliar necrosis, Matt, but I bet you it's not pretty. And if I can't bare to witness the rape and subsequent death of my beautiful flowering zuchini plant, how shall I stand strong in the face of Ring Rot - a bacterial infection that rots the potatos from the outside in?
Potatoes you say?
Really, Matt, how could you be so insensitive.

0 comments: