CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Confession

I need privacy from myself.
I invade all my thoughts, and it isn’t safe to think or create without having to endure my own criticism. Do you know how painful this can be?
Most.
I don’t dare write a line for fear that the care that went into creating it might be disregarded as inadequate or unworthy of existance and therefore subject to DELETION.
Words that are carefully arranged, one next to the other, tenderly and delicately, often cannot withstand the pulverizing and destructive force of my own analysis.
Perfectionism is my demon and I facilitate it by cooperating.
I do not write because I have not faced that fear.
I fear exposure, and subsequently, rejection.
“Better to never try and envision dreams of glory, than give your all and find out it wasn’t good enough.”
What a defeatist!

0 comments: